Friday, February 24, 2012

New Random Selection - John R. Gabriel



I decided to select another person to conduct random genealogy on after seeing my blogger logon info and realizing I had not done one of these in quite some time.

I used a random number site to pick numbers at http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm

Using it gave me the random number 15, which is Iowa from an alphabetic list.



So I then used the same random number generator, giving me 42,9,34,19,10.  This lead me to the #42 county using FIPS code list from Wikipedia being Dubuque.  From there I logged on to Ancestry and browsed the 1930 census for Dubuque and selected the 9th township, Julien, the 34th enumeration district, the 19th image and the 10th line on the image, giving me John R. Gabriel.  John appears to be born in Iowa, age 25 making him born about 1905, with father born in Germany and mother born in Virginia. 





No comments:

Post a Comment